How does being sedated for a dental procedure work ?

Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dentistry
In brief: Pills or I.V.
For minor sedation, you can take pills, often 1 the night before, and then 1 or 2 before your dental visit.
For longer procedures, or if you need to be sedated more deeply, you'll get an I.V. With a drug administered directly into your vein. Both work great for the right person & procedure. It really depends on what you need, what's being done, & what makes the most sense to you. Ask your dentist.

In brief: Pills or I.V.
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. Daniel Wolter
Dr. STEPHEN PERRY
Dentistry
In brief: Multiple levels
Sedation dental procedures starts with understanding the level of anxiety that the patient presents with.
The fight or flight syndrome cannot be dismissed as unimportant. Metabolism increases blood sugar drops loss of cooperation increases. Simple sedation is homeopathic. Nitrous oxide and music/aroma therapy next. Oral amnesia and sleep tablets next. Intravenous medications and last general.

In brief: Multiple levels
Dr. STEPHEN PERRY
Dr. STEPHEN PERRY
Dr. Eric Weisman