Can you use nolvadex (tamoxifen) to get rid of gynecomastia?

Maybe. Nolvadex (tamoxifen) is effective in reducing estrogen driven gynecomastia. It works to prevent better than to treat the problem and is given prophyllactically when men are given Estrogens to treat various disease states.
Unlikely. Once the breast tissue has grown and developed into true glandular gynecomastia only surgical treatment is effective.
Yes. Although tamoxifen is not fda-approved for this use, multiple studies have been published demonstrating it's benefit treating gynecomastia. It is probably most beneficial early in the development of the disease. If no effect is seen after three months, continuing the drug further is probably not helpful.