Why would I have jaw stiffnes and pain weeks after I had a novocain (procaine) shot during at my dentist?

Dr. Steve Tassone
Dentistry
In brief: Possible Hematoma
Soreness could be due to a hematoma, a common side affect of local anasthetic administration.
It is like a bruise and usually gets better with time. If not better within several weeks, go back or get 2nd opinion.

In brief: Possible Hematoma
Dr. Steve Tassone
Dr. Steve Tassone
In brief: Shot location?
Could be where the shot was, if it made the muscle sore, or if you had your mouth open too long and made it sore.

In brief: Shot location?
Dr. Michael Teitelbaum
Dr. Michael Teitelbaum
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dentistry
In brief: Many reasons
Depending on the injection that was used, the needle may have passed through multiple muscles and you might be having a muscle spasm.
You might have kep your mouth open for a long period of time and the muscles might be angry from that. You might have an issue with the filling and not be aware of it. I would call your dentist and have them see you as soon as you can get it in.

In brief: Many reasons
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Jonathan Engel
Dr. Arnon Rubin