What is the best way to wean off yourself of norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen)?

Dr. Shobhana Patodia
Anesthesiology

In brief: Depends

This depends on how many a day are you taking and how long you have been taking.
You need to go to an addiction specialist or go to detox i house program.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Shobhana Patodia
Dr. Shobhana Patodia
Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Pain Management

In brief: SLOWLY

Depends on how long you have been taking the norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen).
For example, let's say you have been taking 4 pills per day for several years. I would decrease to three pills per day for two weeks, then two pills per day for two weeks, then one pill per day for two weeks. If you have been taking the medicine for a long time, you may need medications to help with the cravings.

In brief: SLOWLY

Dr. Robert McMurtrie
Dr. Robert McMurtrie