Will they knock me out for wisdom teeth removal or use local anesthesia?

Depends. Likely local will be used but it may be in combination with some IV or oral sedation. Just talk to your provider to find out what your options are.
Talk to Dentist. Most tooth extractions can be done under local anesthesia with a cooperative patient. If there are especially impacted teeth then some sedation might be indicated. I don't even remember the procedure after a little dose of valium. If you have concerns please contact your dentist and discuss these fears with him. Good luck.
Local anesthesia. Local anesthesia (novocaine) is sufficient to prevent pain during any dental procedure including wisdom tooth removal.