Severe lower back pain. Could this be from a previous epidural?

Epidurals. There are potential complications from epidural injections. My suggestion is to see a neurologist to evaluate the source of the pain and the function of the nerve roots before deciding on what caused it, and how to treat it.
Back pain. There might be no relation between the back pain and previous epidural injection. The back pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement ... The treatment depends on the cause of the pain. You should seek help from a pain management doctor for evaluation and treatment.