What should I expect after getting a caudal epidural injection?

Pain relief. can be variable but starts improving after 3-4 days and can take up to 10-14 days to provide the most relief. Sometimes you need a second injection to get improved long lasting relief from the pain you suffer.
Pain relief. Typically patient report about 50% reduction in pain 1-2 weeks after the procedure. Often a second procedure is performed 2 weeks after the first in hopes of further reducing pain and prolonging the effect. The effects of the procedure are temporary; the duration of effect is highly individualized.
Pain relief. Many of the patients who receive these injections for management of their chronic back pain enjoy improved function and diminished pain for years and can benefit from additional procedures for prolonged relief.