I am going to have an epidural steroid injection done for the first time. When can I travel after?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management
In brief: 3-4 days
Usually after 3-4 days any complication that could arise should have happened then.
So travel should be OK after that.

In brief: 3-4 days
So travel should be OK after that.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Next day
Should be no reason why you could not do so the next day.

In brief: Next day
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: 24-48 hours
If you do not have any complications, you should be able to safely travel after 24 to 48 hours, if you are talking about long distance travel to other cities/ state.
That does not mean that you must remain at the treatment facility longer than 1/2 to 1 hour following the procedure. The treating doctor will keep you until you are fully recovered from the anesthesia to assess your pain level.

In brief: 24-48 hours
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Eric Weisman