Is an epidural steroid injection helpful for spinal stenosis pain?

Yes. Very helpful. Speak with your doctor regarding your options for treatment.
it may be. In certain patients, epidural steroid injections may help with symptoms of cervical or lumbar spinal stenosis. It depends on your history, physical exam, and the results of a lumbar spine mri.
Yes. Although there are many treatment options for spinal stenosis, epidural injections can be one of several treatment options, including physical therapy, medications, and surgery. Injections may provide lasting or short term relief and need to be repeated.
It can be. This can provide for symptom relief, partial or total for a period of time that can also be variable. If one gets good relief for a long period of time, then it can be repeated until and if there comes a point where no or minimal relief is gained or the relief period becomes too short.