Will atherosclerosis of the femoral artery affect heart beat and ekg?

No. Ekgs measure the electrical activity of the heart. Palpitations ( irregular heartbeats) are also a function of the electrical activity in the heart. Neither of these will be affected by having atherosclerosis in the femoral artery of the leg.
No, but.... Not because of femoral artery atherosclerosis per se. However atherosclerosis is generally wide spread and if there is significant narrowing of the arteries of the heart, it can result in abnormal ekg and abnormal heart rhythm.