Is a vascular surgeon the right specialist for vericose and spider veins?

Absolutely. MD that is best qualified to treat varicose veins & vein diseases is board-certified vascular surgeon.They are the only vein specialist that has formal fellowship training in vein surgery.They have undergone 7 yrs of university surgery training.Any other doctor is not recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties as a certified vein surgeon. "Phlebologists" have no formal vein training.
Not necessarily. Large varicose veins are best treated surgically by a vascular surgeon, but small spider veins can easily be treated with injections and lasers in the office by any experienced physician.
It depends. The vast majority of the time, varicose and spider veins are best treated by a phlebologist (vein specialist). This might be a vascular surgeon but it doesn't necessarily have to be. Because the treatment of varicose and spider veins nowadays is generally non-surgical, the best choice is the one with the most experience, whether they are a surgeon or not.
Vascular surgeon. Yes, i think so.
Yes. Vascular surgeons are trained during their fellowships and residencies to specifically treat all diseases of the arteries and veins, including varicose and spider veins. They can offer injections, catheter ablations, and surgery if needed. They are certified by the american board of surgery, one of 24 member boards of the abms. "phlebologists" have not undergone any kind of formal training.