How long is recovery after vascular surgery in the legs?

In brief: Depends on surgery

It really depends on type of surgery and the technique used.
Endo techniques typically have a much shorter recovery time. Open techniques recovery dependent on how many incisions and what procedure. It also depends on what type of shape the patient is to begin with. Older, frail patients may have a much longer recovery time.

In brief: Depends on surgery

Dr. Gilles Pinault
Dr. Gilles Pinault
Dr. Robert Vorhies
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Depends, of course

Depends on what procedure was done.
Many vascular procedures are now done with wires and catheters and allow treatment as an outpatient. I recommend a gradual return to regular activity within 1-2 days. Open bypass surgery usually requires 2-3 days in the hospital to regain adequate activity to go home, then again a slow return to regular activity in 2-4 weeks.

In brief: Depends, of course

Depends on what procedure was done.
Dr. Robert Vorhies
Dr. Robert Vorhies
Dr. William Forsythe