Can hypothyroidism be cured?

Not usually. Occasionally, hypothyroidism is caused by a temporary condition such as thyroiditis, or inflammation of the thyroid gland. Such cases usually do resolve, and the thyroid goes back to making normal amounts of thyroid hormone. Most of the time, however, the thyroid gland makes less and less thyroid hormone over time, and lifelong treatment with thyroid hormone is needed.
Rarely . Hypothyroidism can be primary - caused by a weak thyroid gland or secondary to other hormonal problems, like a pituitary problem. Or your thyroid can become dysfunctional secondary to high insulin, estrogen or cortisol. If you have functional hypothyroidism, this problem can possibly be fixed by fixing the underlying hormonal problem. More often, you will need to take thyroid replacement.
Depends. It depends on how severe it is as well as the reason one is hypothyroid. If due to a deficiency such as iodine, chances are good. If due to environmental toxicity, it depends on how well you can detox and how well your thyroid recovers. If due to autoimmune problems, it depends on how well that can be controlled.