I have "pinguecula" spot on my eye. Has anyone done an operation to remove this?

Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Ophthalmology

Yes these can be removed if they are causing significant irritation and more conservative treatments such as lubrication and mild steroid drops have been unsuccessful.

Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Dr. Stephen Khachikian
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Why bother

Pingueclua are a normal response to wind, dust and uv light.
They are the eyes defense in the middle years to these external forces. They have no symptoms and are usually unnoticed. Removal can be done but the eye will grow it back. Only if it is extremely large and cosmetically unsightly would removal be considered.

In brief: Why bother

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Steven Seres