How can I get rid of this weird flaky skin around my eye lid?

Seborrhea. Seborrhea (seb-uh-ree-uh) is a common skin condition (red, itchy rash & white scales). It is called dandruff when is affects the scalp, but it can also be on other parts of the face & body (folds around nose, behind the ears, the forehead, eyebrows, eyelids, chest, around (the navel). Medicated shampoos used 2-3x/wk on these area as directed can help reduce the scaling. See your dermatologist.