Can extreme straining or vomiting cause vitreous hemorrhage of eye and floaters?

Yes. It sounds as if you have had a posterior vitreous detachment. This is a situation where the vitreous(jelly) of the eye detaches (not a retinal detachment), it then "crumples" up leaving dots, spots, strands of blurry vitreous; i.e. The "floater". This also can tear blood vessel. You should have an exam to ensure the incident did not tear the retina, which could lead to a retinal detachment.
Yes. Yes vitreous hemorrhage can be caused by excessive straining. This is not common but is possible.