How long does tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) take to clear up bloodshot eye?

Conjunctivitis. Tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) is very effective antibiotic for an eye infection. It has prompt action and for most infectious conjunctivitis the eyes lo0k better in 48 hours. However should continue with the drops for 5-7 days.
Quickly, 1-2 days. The "dex" in tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) is dexamethasone, a powerful steroid that clears up redness and quiets inflammation. It usually works very quickly, but you need to continue the antibiotic part of the drop to get at the underlying cause of the conjunctivitis or red eye.