Questions about heart health: how much better will you be if you just stop all animal fat intake?

Dr. John Powelson
Surgery - Transplant

In brief: Plant based diet key

A plant-based diet is healthy not only because it eliminates animal proteins and fat, but because it includes nutrition such as antioxidants.
Numerous studies support the positive role of plant-based diets in heart disease, and in preventing cancers. More information: "forks over knives", video by 2 scientists, including a phd from cornell and a top surgeon at the cleveland clinic.

In brief: Plant based diet key

Dr. John Powelson
Dr. John Powelson
Dr. Mary Callahan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Stop animal fat

Interesting question but hard to say, I have seen dramatic changes in cholesterol when people have gone on a vegan diet, but if you are considering this discuss it with your physician and have your labs checked at regular intervals to see the changes.

In brief: Stop animal fat

Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology