After having a aorta repair of the heart I was put on beta blockers. It is now safe to stop the beta blockers?

Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Ask you doctor

We believe that beta blocker ate cardiac protective in these cases .
Don't stop them suddenly if you have been taking them for a while and check with you doctor , it is not good to stop them suddenly.

In brief: Ask you doctor

Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: Not without input...

Do not stop beta blocker meds abruptly ! talk to your cardiologist about stoping this med.
Most people should be weaned off these meds and you should do this under your doctor's supervision. I am sure that a 34 year old want to be off, as they do have side effects, so talk to your doctor and get a plan to get you off - or get the reason for staying on.

In brief: Not without input...

Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology