What do I do if my baby ingests a poisonous substance?

Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: Poison Control

Kids eat all kinds of things, and most aren't a big deal, even if at first it seems revolting.
First, figure out exactly what was eaten, and how much. One of grandma's heart pills is a lot different than five. Next, call poison control, and you can get exact guidance on what to do. If instructed, get to the ED for treatment. You may keep activated charcoal, but give only if told to.

In brief: Poison Control

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Ein
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Go to ER STAT

If that happens take your baby to an emergency room immediately and take the container of the poisonous substance with you.
Make sure that all chemicals and toxins are stored in child proof areas.

In brief: Go to ER STAT

Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Michael Ein