Will I have more chances of having deep vein thrombosis if I fly in planes often?

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Dvt

Airline travel poses the risk of dvt due to inactivity and prolonged sitting Use of compression stockings helps prevent blood pooling and should be used to airplane travel Perhaps a baby aspirin prior to flight would als be protective

In brief: Dvt

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Yes for long flights

This depends on how long the flights are; the longer the flight the greater the chances.
However, chances can be minimized by getting up and walking every couple of hours, staying well-hydrated and minimizing alcohol. A study showed that taking nattokinase and French maritime pine bark was very successful in prevention so if you fly often I'd consider that: http://tinyurl.com/n82zysv

In brief: Yes for long flights

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Neurosurgery

In brief: It CAn

Deep vein thrombosis, or dvt, can affect you when you remain seated for long periods of time, such as when you travel.
Dvt is caused by a blood clot that forms in your veins due to inactivity. If the clot travels to your heart and lungs and clogs your blood flow, the consequences can be fatal.

In brief: It CAn

Dr. Seth Zeidman
Dr. Seth Zeidman