Are any antibiotics linked to my deep vein thrombosis?

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: DVT and antibiotics.

Antibiotics are not a cause of DVT.
There are essentially 3 causes of DVT-stasis or slow moving of blood as in sitting for long periods of time, trauma as in injury of the vein and hypercoagulability as in an increased risk to clot such as with certain diseases such as cancer. Antibiotics are not associated with this.

In brief: DVT and antibiotics.

Antibiotics are not a cause of DVT.
Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Hard to imagine

There is no direct link.
It would be a big stretch but it is conceivable that if you took an antibiotic that somehow altered the metabolism of another medication you are taking, it could theoretically increase your risk of dvt. This would only be the case if the other medicine you are taking has some association with DVT in the first place. If you are on no other meds, the answer would be no.

In brief: Hard to imagine

There is no direct link.
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Dvt

Dvt is not an infectious process and as such there is no role for antibiotics

In brief: Dvt

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: Cause of DVT's

There are many causes from injury, poor moving blood, abnormal blood that clots easily, conditions that increase clots to form and even surgery, positions of the leg for long times.
Genetic conditions can increase clots as well. I have not read of antibiotics causing dvt's.Antibiotics dont cause dtv.

In brief: Cause of DVT's

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris