Pulse in my head. Is this indicative of carotid artery disease?

No. Carotid artery disease usually become symptomatic when an embolus or clot goes to the brain and cause stroke or mini stroke . Hearing pulse in the head does not indicate the presence or absence of disease.
Could be... Sensing or even hearing a pulse or "whooshing" noise in your head is not a common sign of carotid artery disease - but I have seen it. It could also be a sign of a vascular malformation or fistula near the inner ear. It also could be a sign of high blood pressure. Get it checked out.