Seeing spots with carotid artery disease? Is that a sign of bad clogging?

Possibly. If you develop transient visual disturbance like curtain coming down your eye, it may well be early sign of carotid disease so see your doc soon.
Possible. Typical eye symptoms of significant carotid disease is loss of vision/ or part of the visual field in one eye which is called amaurosis fugax. If you experience that then you need to be checked by your physician with carotid duplex ultrasound. Spots can still be a sign but you better be checked by an ophthalmologist .