What type of doctor do you see if you have blood clots in the lungs? Surgeon? Hematologist?

Initially, E.R. MD. Once the diagnosis is made hospitalization for "blood thinners" will normally ensue, the E.R. Md will then turn the patient over to a hospitalist(internal medicine md) for in-patient management. After hospital discharge an internist or hematologist will provide follow up care.