What is a symptom of an abdominal aortic aneurysm. How can I know if I have one?

Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Asymptomatic
Most of patients with aortic aneurysms aa are asymptomatic and discovered with routine physical exam , screening duplex ultrasounds and as incidental finding on ct scans .
Some patients may have abdominal/chest or back pain or rupture.

In brief: Asymptomatic
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr. TRUC DAO
In brief: Aneurysm symptom
It is usually detected by examination of the abdomen and auscultation: we can feel the size manually and hear the murmur of the circulation in an enlarged vessel.
We do not always find by manual exam. Fortuitous discovery while looking for something else. There are causes favorizing the development of abd aneurysm, from inborn genetically predisposed to long term results of infections.

In brief: Aneurysm symptom
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology