Is abdominal pain on a gluten-free diet suspicious for someone with celiac disease?

Yes. Abdominal pain on anyone , regardless, is not normal, pain is the way your body is trying to tell you that something is wrong. If you have pain and especially if it persists you need to get it checked.
Celiac disease. Sometimes people with celiac disease may have no gastrointestinal symptoms at all. Celiac disease symptoms can also mimic those of other conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome, gastric ulcers, crohn's disease, parasite infections and anemia.