I'm on day 4 of my first round of femara (letrozole) and i'm having some very light bleeding. Is this normal?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Femara (letrozole)

How is your menstrual cycle? Did you get chemo prior to the femara (letrozole)? If you still have regular period prior to the femara (letrozole)- then perhaps your very light bleeding could be your period.
You are just starting on femara (letrozole)- I do not think that is due to the femara (letrozole). However, if this is abnormal for you -then you should go to your gyne and check it out. Good luck.

In brief: Femara (letrozole)

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Keyur Mehta
Radiation Oncology

In brief: See your GYN

If you are having abnormal vaginal bleeding, you should see your gynecologist right away.

In brief: See your GYN

Dr. Keyur Mehta
Dr. Keyur Mehta
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Femara (letrozole)

Vaginal bleeding is not a usual side effect, and there are many others listed.
But it may be something less serious, such as bleeding from a urinary tract infection, or vaginal infection. Please call your physician, discuss this side effect, and follow up for tests as prescribed.

In brief: Femara (letrozole)

Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Gregg Albers
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham