Exposed to pink eye at work! should I use zymar drops before my lasik surgery?

Dr. William Fagman
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
If you have been exsposed to someone with an eye infection, the antibiotic drop will not necessarily prevent you from getting an infection as many eye infections are due to a virus rather than a bacteria.
You should cosult with the doctor who will be doing the lasik procedure. You may was to postpone the procedure for 10-14 days to be certain that an infection will not develop.

In brief: No
Dr. William Fagman
Dr. William Fagman
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Preop antibiotic
It is our standard treatment to use preoperative antibiotics prior to lasik so i would use the zymar. In regards to using it due to exposure to pink eye, it does not make much difference since most pink eye is viral in nature and not covered by zymar.

In brief: Preop antibiotic
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine