What should I do when my baby cries at the end of playtime?

In brief: Support him

Please understand that new babies only understand their awake periods & won't embrace sleep as necessary until the 2nd yr. Beginning at 6-9 mo many begin to realize how much their primary caregivers mean to them and fuss when they anticipate a period of separation.
Your steadfast support & a good comforting routein can help them settle and rest. They will react to any anxiety you show as you leave.

In brief: Support him

Dr. Janesta Noland

In brief: Support him

Baby may be tired and ready to nap at the end of play time which makes the transition harder. Some babies are also more resistant to change.
For those babies, preparation and slow transitions can be helpful.

In brief: Support him

Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Janesta Noland
Dr. Shontae Buffington