What should I do if my baby hits his head?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: Don't panic
Statistics show that 75% of children will fall from a height of three feet or less in the first year of life.
Loss of consciousness, change in behavior, protracted vomiting, and increasing lethargy are concerns and the child needs to be seen immediately. If the child cries and responds normally, serious injury is not likely. Call your physician for more information if worried.

In brief: Don't panic
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Paul Leadem
In brief: Stay Calm
Unless the baby falls from a height onto a hard surface, a serious injury is unlikely.
Calm the baby and after a while make sure the infant is behaving/responding normally. Lethargy, an unsteady gait (balance problems), or vomiting(not related to the baby being upset) are symptoms that may indicate a serious injury and need to be addressed immediately.

In brief: Stay Calm
Dr. Paul Leadem
Dr. Paul Leadem
Dr. Shontae Buffington