What does estrogen cream do?

Helps the dryness. Estrogen cream is given to help menopausal women with vaginal dryness and other local effects of menopause while avoiding the whole body effects of an estrogen pill. However, limited amounts of the estrogen in the cream may be absorbed. Women with breast cancer should check with their oncologist prior to taking estrogen cream.
Delivers estrogen. Its simply a way of 'taking' more estrogen in a cream instead of swallowing a pill; it's down to get more estrogen to a body area or the whole body. The question to ask though, is: does your body (or part) need more estrogen?