How can I prevent migraine headaches, when i'm not sure what causes them?

Dr. David Rothwell

In brief: Diary

Start a diary for your headache and see if you can identify a pattern or source.

In brief: Diary

Dr. David Rothwell
Dr. David Rothwell
Dr. Abby Caplin
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Situational stress?

I agree with dr. Rothwell that a diary is the first step, since so many different things can cause or worsen migraines.
People susceptible to migraines can be made worse with situational and/or chronic stress. For each person, the source of this stress is unique. A counselor can help you figure it out. In my experience as a counselor, i've found that taming the "inner critic" is very useful!

In brief: Situational stress?

Dr. Abby Caplin
Dr. Abby Caplin
Dr. Peter Kurzweil