My son is allergic to eggs. Can he be given the MMR vaccine?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: YES HE CAN BE

The vaccine contains chick cells and not the egg yolk or white in very severe cases of egg allergy you have to observe the child and keep adrenaline ready and facilities for intubation, but that kind of reaction is very rare.
Mild to moderate egg allergy is no containdication for MMR vaccine administration.

In brief: YES HE CAN BE

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: No

The literature says it is ok.
.But .I would not recommend it. Once you inject something you cannot uninject it, nor can we guarantee he will have no reaction. Typically if someone anaphylaxes to egg, then the MMR is contraindicated. Mild reactions are not considered contraindication. If your instincts say no, then follow your instincts as well.

In brief: No

The literature says it is ok.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Carla Enriquez
And let your kid die of measles
Dr. Arnon Rubin