4 doctors weighed in:

Why doesn't mangoes have a warning label? I know 2 friends with mango allergy.

4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Uncommon allergy

The Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA), which took effect January 1, 2006, mandates that the labels of foods containing major food allergens (milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat and soy) declare the allergen in plain language.
These 8 food make up about 90% of all food allergies. The other 10% includes many other foods including mango.

In brief: Uncommon allergy

The Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act (FALCPA), which took effect January 1, 2006, mandates that the labels of foods containing major food allergens (milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat and soy) declare the allergen in plain language.
These 8 food make up about 90% of all food allergies. The other 10% includes many other foods including mango.
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Thank
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Neurosurgery
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Mangos are a Fruit

Allergy warning labels are not typically placed on fruit.

In brief: Mangos are a Fruit

Allergy warning labels are not typically placed on fruit.
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Dr. Seth Zeidman
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Arnon Rubin
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
20 years in practice
163K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors