My step son intentionally exposed himself in the bathroom at camp to other children. He was embarrassed when confronted. Why did he do this?

Dr. Raphael Peralta
In brief: How old is he?
How old is he? If persistent have him see an md.

In brief: How old is he?
Dr. Raphael Peralta
Dr. Raphael Peralta
In brief: Incomplete question
If he is about the same age as the other kids, and under 6-8, this might be considered innocent exploratory play.
If, as I suspect, he is older than those kids by more than 2 years, it is more worrisome and suggests prior sexual activity/exploitation in some venue. He may be precocious or could have been a victim.Time for a consultation with your doc and referral for counseling.

In brief: Incomplete question
Dr. Shontae Buffington