What dosage of amoxicillin for my 23 pound 9 month old?

Dr. John Washburn

In brief: Varies

The dose of Amoxil (amoxicillin) depends on the infection being treated.
For most things it is ~45mg/kg divided twice a day. So your child would receive probably the 250mg/tsp formulation with instructions to give it twice a day (note: amount given doesn't have to be precisely what is calculated, so long as it is close). For ear infections the dose is higher, usually 80-90mg/kg divided twice a day.

In brief: Varies

Dr. John Washburn
Dr. John Washburn
Dr. Barry Bergman

In brief: For what illness

For ear and sinus 400 mg twice a day for ten days.
For other more concerning infections it may be different.

In brief: For what illness

Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman

In brief: What your doc rxs

This public site was not set up to bypass your regular doc.
We don't provide diagnosis or treatment. Antibiotics can help when indicated or mask certain serious problems when given inappropriately.I recall one parent wanting this sent out with no assessment,kid was found to have bacterial meningitis, in hospital 10 days. These drugs are dosed by weight and condition treated. Sort that out first.

In brief: What your doc rxs