I just had an egd yesterday and since the procedure I feel like there is something stuck in my throat all the time now. My esophagus was dilated as well. Is this normal? I'm supposed to call my dr back later today if the feeling hasn't subsided, which i

Dr. Clarence Wimberly
In brief: ECG
Most of the throat feelings are probably irritation assuming that your doctor did not find anything abnormal.

In brief: ECG
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Normal
It is normal to have a little bit of trauma to the area where the esophagus opens.
When this area is traumatized it will often feel as if there is a lump or swelling there. This should be temporary. It is still a good idea to discuss this with your G.I. Doctor though.

In brief: Normal
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Marsha Davis