I had a baby 6 weeks ago. I was put on Clomid to conceive due to anovultaion. I asked to get back on as we want more. I was denied and put on provera (medroxyprogesterone)?

Are you nursing? If not breastfeeding it's ok to try again. If you're breastfeeding we generally avoid medications like Clomid (clomiphene) and letrozole. Clomid (clomiphene) may decrease milk production, and the safety of either drug in breastfeeding moms has not been well established. When you are nursing your prolactin hormone levels are higher, which decreases fertility, so you should restart fertility treatment after weaning.
Give body a rest. After having a baby, your body needs time to recuperate and there are several recognized complications to having a second child in less than one year. If you have irregular periods normally, than Clomid (clomiphene) may help but not right now. Also, many women with irregular periods find that after having a baby thier periods are more regular.