How do I treat repetitive stress syndrome when ergonomics, wrist braces, and painkillers aren't enough?

Depends. What area is subjected to the repetitive stress? May want to see a physician specializing in osteopathic manipulative medicine or a physical therapist for some specific stretches. You can also look into active release technique with a chiropractor.