I had a volar plate arthroplasty. Had pin inserted in finger. After a month, the pin is coming out. How painful is it to remove the pin and how is?

Not very. We pull pins out of the body all of the time in the office. After a month the pin will be very loose. We will grab the pin with a needle driver or pliers, wiggle and pull it out. It will usually bleed for a few seconds. Not worry, you will be fine and good luck.
Simple. Hardware removal can be performed in an operating room because of a need for sterile conditions. Pin removal, on the other hand is sometimes a simple procedure performed with a grasper, and a minor incision using little more than a local anesthetic.
Not terrible. The pin typically is removed in the office by pulling on it. Occasionally, local anesthetic is given, but not usually. Usually, once it is loose and coming out on it's own, it is not very painful to remove.
Hurts - a little. If the pin was left with a portion outside of the skin (often with a little ball or cover on it) then it is usually removed in the office. There will be a little pain, similar to pulling a splinter out. There will be an initial, very short, pain, then a few seconds of a burning ache. It is usually very short, and less painful than the IV needed to go to sleep for removal.