I keep getting these boils in my groin area.I have to have them lanced. A er.Dr. Told me also I needed a antibiotic for my nose too. So he gave me.

Dr. David Bennett
Emergency Medicine

In brief: BACTROBAN NASAL

Recurring boils can happen with staph carriers.
Treatment with nasal bactroban can less the number of outbreaks that a pt gets.

In brief: BACTROBAN NASAL

Dr. David Bennett
Dr. David Bennett
Dr. Mohamed Ali

In brief: MRSA eradication

You probably have mrsa, a known super bug, or resistant staph infection.
It usually hides in your body, mostly nose and keeps coming back, hard to get rid of it complete. It needs a specific course of antibiotics + local antibiotics applied to the nose in an attempt to eradicate the mrsa.

In brief: MRSA eradication

Dr. Mohamed Ali
Dr. Mohamed Ali
Dr. Michael Klein

In brief: Sounds like staph

There are a few kinds of staph infections, a bacterial infection caused by staph aureous a bug that lives on the skin and can recurrently cause boils.
The idea of the nose antibiotic (i assume your question is "why the nose antibiotic?") is to reduce the amount of staph in your nose where it often camps out. Hibiclens scrubs to your body may also help as does avoiding shaving in groin.

In brief: Sounds like staph

Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: MRSA

Methicillin resistant staph aureus;a nasty bacteria that can "colonize" our body and cause bad skin infections.
These are not trivial, they can become very dangerous. Follow the dr's recommendations and try to eridicate the bug.

In brief: MRSA

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer