Whats the best way to treat insomnia?

Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: Sleep hygiene

I recommend using the bed for sleep or sex only.
If you can't sleep go to another room and read or watch tv.Tossing and turning in your bed makes insomnia worse.Exercise a few hours prior to bedtime may help.Do not consume anything with caffeine after noon.Sodas and even decaf beverages may be bad.I recommend melatonin first as a sleep aid-only use rx as last resort.They may lead to dependency.

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. David Bennett
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Exercise

Regular exercise and avoiding stimulants after about 1p, along with the use of melatonin.

In brief: Exercise

Dr. David Bennett
Dr. David Bennett
Dr. Michael Klein

In brief: Sleep hygeine

The first answer is always make your sleep preparations perfect.
Go to bed at same time daily, same room. Make room dark and quiet. Do not do anything in the room you sleep in but sleep (and another thing)... Don't watch tv, work or eat in bedroom. Wake up consistently, even on weekends. Avoid food and caffeine hours before bed. If can't sleep for 30 min leave bed, read quietly then return.

In brief: Sleep hygeine

Dr. Michael Klein
Dr. Michael Klein