Can I take amberen (for menopause) with levothyriodxine thyroid medication?

Dr. Lonna Larsh

In brief: Yes, but

Amberen doesn't really work for menopause.
There are some decent ingredients in amberen, but it also contains msg, which may be a neurotoxin, particularly in sensitive individuals. The studies listed on amberen's site are of poor quality or are animal studies. I have had several patients try amberen and none have had improvement in symptoms. But you can take it with levothyroxine.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Lonna Larsh
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

Menopausal hormone replacement including supplements are fine with thyroid.
You do need to decrease dietary soy as well as supplemental soy for thyroid to be better absorbed. Take your thryoid on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Mohamed Ali

In brief: Yes u can.

There is no known interaction between thyoid hormones and hormone replacement therapy for menopause.

In brief: Yes u can.

Dr. Mohamed Ali
Dr. Mohamed Ali
Dr. Marsha Davis