Is it normal to have really bad pelvic pain due to an ovarian cyst?

David Miller

In brief: It can be

On the list of things that cause pelvic pain in women, ovarian cysts is always on the list (unless they don't have ovaries).
See your doc to get it checked out.

In brief: It can be

See your doc to get it checked out.
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Yes and NO

Depends on the size of the cyst.
Some cysts will cause significant pain. If you are speaking of yourself, then you obviously know you have a cyst and I am sure your pcp or gyn would have recommended surgery if it were beyond physiological (meaning fairly common and not necessarily abnormal size). If you are "guessing" you have a cyst, you should seek examination and advice from your pcp or gyn.

In brief: Yes and NO

Depends on the size of the cyst.
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Marsha Davis