What can be done for chronic pain?I have ic and chronic nerve painn my hysterectomy scar. My pain doctor is leaving the state by the end of august. I

Dr. Mark Cantieri
Pain Management

In brief: Local anesthetic

As long as the scar is healed and there is no local inflammation or redness scar pain responds well to injection with 1% procaine.

In brief: Local anesthetic

Dr. Mark Cantieri
Dr. Mark Cantieri
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Plastic surgeon

If your pain is limited to your hysterectomy scar, most likely it can be easily treated by an experienced plastic surgeon.
Sometimes nerves can get caught in a scar and the pulling of the scar tissue can result in pain. Often some injections can improve the pain and soften the scar. Or your surgeon may decide to remove the scar and start all over. Be well, dr. Fred - linwood, new jersey.

In brief: Plastic surgeon

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Adam Smith