What are possible reasons that I often have subtle hand tremors even when i'm not anxious. I'm a healthy 19 year old with no health issues.

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Essential tremor

You may have a a very common condition called 'essential tremor' or 'familial tremor' which is generally inherited.
It causes a shaking (tremor) of hand when trying to carry out an activity such as writing or holding an utensil. You should get seen by a primary care doctor (or neurologist) for confirmation. Essential tremor is not related to parkinson's tremor.

In brief: Essential tremor

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Essential Tremors

I think you have a condition called essential tremors.
In this condition there is involuntary shaking movements of the hands i which no cause can be found.You should consult your doctor and get examined to rule out other causes and if it is essential tremors get treated. It can be treated with Inderal (propranolol) or Primidone by mouth.

In brief: Essential Tremors

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Eric Weisman