Have back pain that goes from the bra strap to bottom of rib cage. Make it hard to get in and out of bed, pain can be so bad .?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Back strain

People who strain their back are surprised at how severe and sharp the pain is.
I have experienced this myself on two occasions. The symptoms from a back strain will improve in time. Rest, otc meds for pain, gentle stretches, massage, body work, etc can all help. Work on core strength once the pain is gone. www.spine-health.com/conditions/lower-back-pain/pulled-back-muscle-and-lower-back-strain.

In brief: Back strain

Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Stuart

In brief: See your doctor

You don't mention whether there was any strain or injury.
If the pain is over the spine it could be from infection, disc disease, arthritis, an osteoporotic fracture (unlikely at age 39) or other causes. Pain in the muscles on the sides is usually caused by a strain, overuse, or sometimes a kidney stone. At any rate, if it is hurting you this much some investigation is warranted!

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Check with your doctor to rule out structural spinal issues. I have seen this syndrome of pain with women with breast hypertrophy, usually associated with bra straps that tend to cut into the shoulders from the added weight. If this may be the case, an evaluation with a plastic surgeon may be warranted.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham