What is the best calcium supplement for acute osteoporosis?

Calcium and Vit D. If osteoporosis is severe you should be on medication ie bisphosphonate (ie fosomax, forteo. Calcium with vit d is good supplementation. Should have your calcium level checked by urinylsis and d3 level by blood testing. Your primary care physician should be able to advise you.
What you tolerate. Most calcium supplements in the market are in the form of carbonate or citrate. For majority of us, either one is ok. You should stick to what you can afford and tolerate in the longer term. Except for patients who are with chronic kidney disease, those with chronic gastrointestinal issues, taking antacids or medication to reduce gastric acidity would be better off taking calcium citrate.