Take 10 mg prednisone and a shot 8cc of methotrexate weekly. Have temporal arteritis trying to get off steroids any hope been diagnosed for five year?

Yes. In deference to your current regimen, i would place you on 10mg/7.5mg every other day, 2 weeks, and then lower you to 10/5 two weeks. When you get to 10/0 qod, you can be weaned. However, i would increase your dose of mtc to 25mg (1cc) s.C./wk.
Temporal arteritis. Methotrexate is given in hope of trying to decrease the Prednisone dose in patient in whom stopping Prednisone is almost impossible due to recurrent symptoms. If taking prednisone: get screened for osteoporosis, diabetes, elevated blood pressure, glaucoma. Take antiacid (prilosec) to protect stomach.